Sunday, February 01, 2009

Nooo! Not Kyle XY! Take 90210 Instead!


Damn you, ABC Family! I really love their series Kyle XY, as I've mentioned before, and I just found out that they've cancelled it! Why are all the really good shows, the ones that aren't exactly like every other show you see when you turn on the TV, so quick to fall victim to cancellation? First Pushing Daisies, now Kyle XY.

Three seasons were just not enough for this unique, incredible show. They haven't even said for certain yet if they'll continue airing the remaining episodes of the third season, which just started a few weeks ago, but they'd better! ABC has screwed us so far with the remaining episodes of Pushing Daisies, for which we'll probably have to wait for the DVD boxed set to see. Let's hope ABC Family is a bit kinder.

I guess the bright spot is that they did renew Greek for another season. I do really enjoy that show, but it's not on the same level as Kyle XY. They're also going to have a new show based on the film 10 Things I Hate About You, which intrigues me a bit. I've always loved that movie, especially the scene where Heath Ledger serenades Julia Stiles from the bleachers!

Seriously, though, there are so many vapid, predictable shows that go on and on, and a great show like Kyle XY gets cancelled way before its time. TV execs are clearly out of their minds.

No comments: