Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Knight Outed

I had some topics in mind to write about tonight, but I'm just really tired and can't seem to pull anything together. So I decided to just surf the net and see if anything interesting jumped out at me that I could write about.

That's when I read that my sister's favorite New Kid on the Block, Jonathan Knight, was just outed to the National Enquirer by his ex boyfriend. Nice guy, huh? I think Jonathan's sexuality has been an open secret for awhile, but its still pretty low of his ex to sell pictures of them together and his story like that.

At least Jonathan has a chance to live his life openly now. I think everyone does have to come out in their own time, when they're ready, but I have a problem with celebrities who are completely out in their personal lives, to their friends and family, but stay publicly closeted even though they could be role models for LGBT youth all over the world. (Mind you, I don't know what Knight's situation is; he may not be out to his family yet either, in which case what his ex did is even worse)

So, that's Nsync and New Kids checked off the list. How long until we find out which Backstreet Boy is gay?

No comments: