Monday, February 09, 2009

Good News

It has been a really long day for me, but there were a few things I wanted to mention tonight.

First, in all my complaining yesterday about As the World Turns' inexplicable win of a Writers Guild of America award, I forgot to mention that there was some good news as well. Dustin Lance Black won the award for Best Original Screenplay for Milk! He also won a special award for work that highlights civil rights issues.

After reading this piece about Black's acceptance speech, I think I officially have a new hero! I really hope he is able to give a similar speech on Oscar night.

More good news: Matthew Mitcham finally got a corporate sponsorship months after bringing home the gold in the summer Olympics. It's ridiculous that it took this long, but I'm glad that it finally happened.

No comments: