Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adieu to 2008

In my last post of the year, I'm going to do a Best Of list of my own. Not everything on the list necessarily came out this year, but I first experienced it in 2008.

Best Classic Fiction Book I read this year: To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf

Best Modern Fiction Book I read this year: The Northern Clemency by Philip Hensher

Best Non-Fiction (History) Book I read this year: The Mayor of Castro Street by Randy Shilts

Best Non-Fiction (Literary) Book I read this year: The Library At Night by Alberto Manguel

Best Film I saw this year: Shelter

Best Half Hour long TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Best Hour long TV Show: (tie) Pushing Daisies & Supernatural

Best Daytime Soap: One Life to Live

Best CD: Jay Brannan's Goddamned

New Guilty Pleasure Addiction of the year: Watching Collab Channels on YouTube

Favorite Gay Website of the year: AfterElton.com

Hottest Actor (Daytime): Van Hansis

Hottest Actor (Primetime): (tie) Jared Padalecki & Jensen Ackles

Hottest Actor (Film): Jake Gyllenhaal

Hottest Athlete: Matthew Mitcham


Favorite Actress: Kristin Chenoweth

Best Day of the Year: Election Day!


So, 2008 is about to become nothing more than a date in the history books and to say that it hasn't exactly been a year of peace and prosperity for the world would be the understatement to end all understatements.

But as one bad year ends, I think it far more fitting to focus on the promise of the year that is about to begin. 2009 is so full of potential for real change.

I hope you all have a fun & safe New Year's Eve and a fantastic 2009!

No comments: