Friday, December 12, 2008

Book Blog Updates

I just wanted to note that my all time favorite lit blogger, Sandra of Book World, updated her blog today. Sandra bid farewell to the blogging world last April but has made sporadic posts since then, to my delight. Her writing, especially about her visits to the London Library (which this new update touches upon a bit), has occupied some of my most enjoyable hours online in the last few years.

I was crushed when she decided to stop blogging and focus her energies on her writing, but happily she has years worth of archives that can still be enjoyed, along with her occasional updates.

Another of my favorite lit blogs, Tales From the Reading Room, had a really enjoyable update today musing on comfort reading and the differences between literature and popular fiction and reading in various genres. I must confess that I'm not familiar with the authors mentioned, but then that's the great thing about book blogs! You're always discovering something you might not have heard of otherwise.

Speaking of blogging about books, I've been meaning to write about The Mayor of Castro Street ever since I finished it and I think I should be able to do that tomorrow. It's already two books ago for me, but it made quite an impression. I only wish I could see Milk sometime soon! Sadly, it's not playing anywhere near me yet.

No comments: