Friday, December 05, 2008

Project Holiday Spirit; Another Senator Kennedy?

Just a few quick things tonight.

First, Project Holiday Spirit has already raised over $2,300 since Monday for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. This is the campaign by fans of Van Hansis & Jake Silbermann (a.k.a Luke & Noah on As the World Turns) to donate in honor of them during the Holiday season. Click the link if you'd like to donate as well.

Also, I wrote the other day that Caroline Kennedy's name was being mentioned for Hillary Clinton's Senate seat in New York. Just because she was being spoken of for the position didn't mean that she'd actually want it, of course. Today I read that Caroline is indeed interested in taking over Senator Clinton's seat and I have to admit that I really like the idea, if for no other reason than that I've always really admired Caroline Kennedy.

I should also note that the National Organization for Women has endorsed Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney for the seat and that there are several other women in the Congressional delegation who would be strong choices as well. As I've said, I really hope that the Governor of New York ends up choosing a woman to replace Clinton.

No comments: