Sunday, December 21, 2008

Great Chenoweth Interview

Okay, I know I just blogged about Kristin Chenoweth yesterday and that I should probably pick a new topic today. But Kristin was interviewed on CBS's Sunday Morning today and gave a fantastic interview in which she discussed, among other things, her strong faith and her equally strong support of gay rights.

Kristin: I'm a big gay rights person. I believe that... people should be able to get married who want to get married.

Interviewer: Now you grew up Southern Baptist, right?

Kristin: Sure I did...

Interviewer: Gay Marriage?

Kristin: I support it.

Interviewer: Gay adoption?

Kristin: Yep.

Interviewer: But there are many Christians who have issues with homosexuality.

Kristin: Sure, and I understand that. That's what they've been ingrained. But you know, I have been exposed to a different way of life. I've been exposed-

Interviewer: Now some folks in Oklahoma might say corrupted.

Kristin: Yeah, corrupted. And that's okay. I'd hate for them to judge me, I don't judge them. You know, I just can't apologize for it.

I knew already that Kristin had a strong Christian faith (her second CD, As I Am, is mostly Christian music) and that she was a very gay friendly person, but I still loved seeing her voice her support for gay marriage and adoption on national TV.

What can I say? Kristin is just made of awesome.

No comments: