Monday, March 09, 2009

Jackson, Lambert, Westwick

I just saw the news that Glee, the upcoming Fox show that I'm already very excited about, just got even better: out hottie Cheyenne Jackson will be guest starring in an early episode. Excellent! The downside is that I was thinking the show would begin its run this spring and I found out that only the pilot will be airing this May, after American Idol. The series won't officially start until next fall.

Ah, well. I guess good things are worth waiting for, right?

Speaking of American Idol, I'm really looking forward to seeing Adam Lambert perform again tomorrow night! I'm glad that the Wild Card thing didn't take a whole week, like I'd thought, but just one night last week. I'm excited to see what Adam does next.

I was going to mention, by the way, that Entertainment Weekly online had a Q&A with the Top 13 (they added an extra singer, so it's no longer the Top 12) and asked Adam Lambert if he was ready for people digging into his past (a polite way to reference the photos of him kissing another guy). Adam's response:

"I feel fine. I know who I am. I'm an honest guy, and I'm just going to keep singing."

I love this man!

Another guy I love, if you'll recall, is Ed Westwick. Not enough to watch his show, I admit, but enough to love seeing pictures of him online and to scour YouTube for clips of him speaking in his real life sexy as hell British accent.

Anyway, there have been rumors before about Ed and his co-star/roommate, Chace Crawford, being romantically involved. In fact, Joy Behar on The View even asked about it a couple of months ago and interestingly enough, the guys just sort of laughed but never said one way or another if it was true or not. (They have, though, said in other interviews that they are straight).

The reason I bring this up is that Ed has caused quite the stir by getting very friendly with a male companion at a Knicks game. From what I was just reading, Howard Stern (who was at the same game) even mentioned it on his radio show.

So, of course, I had to see the pictorial evidence.
They do look pretty cozy together. Even if there's nothing going on with them beyond friendship, I'd love to be pals with Ed if that's how he treats his buddies!

Honestly, though, it's really nice to see two guys being so affectionate together in public. Yes, of course it raises all sorts of speculation (and gets a lot of peoples hopes up!), but so what? It's not Ed or his friend's fault that most guys are too uptight to display any emotion except anger towards another man.

I almost kind of hope Ed is completely straight, because then I'd love him even more for being so awesome. Only almost, though, because who wouldn't want Ed playing for their team?

No comments: