Thursday, January 08, 2009

Rent and Another Winchester?

I've had a really long day. I haven't even had a chance to watch today's Nuke episode of As the World Turns, which should tell you just how hectic things have been. I'll write about the episode tomorrow, though, once I've had a chance to see it.

For tonight, check out Spangle magazine's interview with out Broadway star Anthony Rapp. It's all about his return to Rent (along with fellow original cast member Adam Pascal) for its national tour this year. I'm really excited for this tour and will be seeing Anthony & Adam on stage next summer. I can't wait!

I used to think that I didn't care for musicals at all. I think I based this on the fact that I always hated the musical interludes in the Charlie Brown cartoons when I was a kid! But over the past few years, I've really become a fan. I think it may have started with the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, of all things, but it's been a very gradual process.

The other thing I wanted to note tonight was the rumor that is going around, thanks to Kristen Dos Santos of E! Online, that Supernatural is going to be introducing a major new character- a third Winchester brother!

90% of me is dreading that this will be true, because it seems like such a jumping the shark turning point. The other 10% of me is imagining a third guy as hot as Jensen & Jared gracing my screen each week and loving the idea.

But, really, who else is as hot as Jensen & Jared?! This third brother would have an impossible standard to live up to.

Aside from that, the show is so strongly based on Sam & Dean's relationship that I think throwing a third brother into the works would be really hard to pull off successfully. Keeping all other cast members on a recurring status has worked well because Sam & Dean are what really matter to the viewers.

Honestly, I'm hoping this rumor isn't true. Then again, Supernatural hasn't disappointed me yet, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: