Monday, January 05, 2009

Odds, Ends.

Today was such a long day and I honestly can't think of much that I want to write about tonight. So I'll just note a few odds and ends.

Stanley Kutler has an interesting article up on Truthdig about the whole mess over Is-he-or-isn't-he Senator? Burris of Illinois and the historical precedents of Congress refusing to seat members.

Ed Pilkington of The Guardian made me smile with his musings on what a fly on the wall would observe during the upcoming private lunch between all five living men who have been or are about to be President of the United States.

And, I don't know how I've missed this up to now since they've been doing it for two years, but The Guardian has an ongoing series on Writer's Rooms that I officially love! Each update has a photo and written description from various writers of the rooms in which they write. I find stuff like that so fascinating! If there was a coffee table book on the subject, I'd totally buy it.

No comments: