Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Few Reasons Why I Love AfterElton.com

There are a couple of things I want to share from AfterElton. First off, they have their readers vote each year for the Hot 100, a list of the hottest guys in the world, as selected by gay & bisexual men. This is my second year voting in the poll (which closes this Friday, so go vote if you haven't!) and I can't wait to see the results.

The reason I mention this is that today they shared Cheyenne Jackson's personal top 10 list for the poll. Cheyenne is one of my favorite guys (in fact, I do believe he was in my own top ten this year), so it's very interesting to see who he finds to be the hottest guys around.

The best part? Adam Lambert is Cheyenne's number 7 pick! You have to love that. Adam is the only guy that Cheyenne & I had in common on our lists, but I'm hoping that Adam is someone a lot of guys are voting for this year.

As if that wasn't enough of a treat, AfterElton also had some behind the scenes photos of Adam from last night's elimination on American Idol, one of which I'm borrowing, but all of which you should check out if you're a fan of Adam's. I think the best part is their picture of all the contestants mailboxes. Adam, unlike the others, needs two for all the fan mail.
Finally, they had an update on the upcoming Tales of the City musical, which I really want to see. As you know, I'm a huge fan of the books and given some of the people involved in the musical- Armistead Maupin himself, Jeff Whitty, and Jake Shears & John Garden of the Scissor Sisters- I think it's going to be incredible. It opens in July in New Haven, Connecticut, but will hopefully make it to Broadway. Maybe I'll finally make a trip to NYC and get a chance to see this.

Is it any wonder that AfterElton is usually the first place I go when I get online?

No comments: