Saturday, January 09, 2010

Special Guest Star

There was a rumor flying around the Internet that Adam Lambert was going to be guest starring on Glee as a mentor character for Kurt. Lambert and Glee being two of my favorite things in the world, that would pretty much have made my day.

Adam himself dispelled the rumor on Twitter, though, and went on to say that he'd love to guest star on True Blood (which I haven't yet seen, though co-workers assure me that I must!), Weeds (never seen it), or Gossip Girl (of which I'm not a fan, unless Ed Westwick is kissing another guy).

These tweets lead to Michael Slezak of Entertainment Weekly coming up with his own dream guest starring role for Adam on Ugly Betty:

I’d cast Adam as a Trevor de l’Abdul, contestant on a Project Runway-esque show for aspiring fashion designers — where Vanessa L. Williams’ formidable editrix Wilhelmina Slater just so happens to be a judge/mentor. Things get complicated when Trevor hooks up with Willie’s gay-in-waiting Marc (Michael Urie) during a Mode-sponsored cocktail party for the contestants. The morning after, Marc can’t figure out if Trevor is just using him to court favor with Willie, while Willie herself gets fearful that if the Marc-Trevor dalliance goes public (thanks to that relentless dish-hound Suzuki St. Pierre!), she could get painted as a less-than-impartial judge. And it’s up to Betty to investigate whether the dashing young designer truly has the hots for her frenemy, or if he’s simply using every angle possible to take home first prize.

I have to say, I can't quite picture Adam on Glee, as much as I'd love to see him there, but Slezak's idea sounds really good to me! The de l’Abdul really made me laugh, and I could easily see this as an actual story on the show. I think Adam would be great in the role, camping it up and being fierce, and how cool would it be to see him working with Vanessa Williams and Michael Urie?

Michael has already tweeted that he'd be on board with the story, so all we need now is Adam. And, you know, the producers and writers of the show.

Ugly Betty is a show that I loved in its first season but have inexplicably only watched sporadically since. I never really made a decision to stop following the series, I just somehow lost track of it along the way. I have always meant to catch up with it on DVD and I'm sure I will at some point.

Slezak challenged the Adam fans to come up with their own dream guest roles for Lambert and I've been trying to imagine him on the various shows that I watch: a glampire on Supernatural, maybe, or a spoiled rock star who is a new client for Ella and Amanda's firm on Melrose Place. I even tried to fit him into How I Met Your Mother as a date of Robin's who turns out to be bisexual and interested in her ex/roommate Ted.

Nothing seemed as good as Slezak's idea, though. Unless, of course, Adam wants to commit to a recurring role on One Life to Live, where he can play Nick's new love interest, a singer that Rex has hired to perform at Ultra Violet on the occasional night when major recording artists aren't stopping by.

Or maybe things could get really interesting when a jilted Rex, dumped by Gigi and with no interest in Stacy, decides to explore his bisexual side, creating a steamy love triangle when Gigi decides she wants Rex back.

Now I'm suddenly picturing a Dynasty-esque catfight between Adam and Gigi in a lily pond on the Buchanan estate! How hot would that be?!

No comments: