Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kish: Built Ford Tough

Fish was featured on yesterday's One Life to Live, but I didn't write it up since there wasn't much going on. Both Fish and Layla were worried about their job security with a crooked new Commissioner running things at the police department. They were also concerned about being able to afford their apartment if they both lost their jobs.

Enter Ford, the new hottie in town. He met Cristian and Layla last week at the gym when he tried to pick up Layla and then stuck around to work out and compare muscles with Cristian. Yesterday he showed up to keep a gym date with Mr. Vega and while Cristian was getting ready Ford got the news that his graduate housing at the University had fallen through.

Cristian, Fish, and Layla offered Ford the third bedroom in the apartment, since Cristian and Layla are practically sharing a room now anyway, and he accepted their offer.

On to today. Fish came out of his room to find Ford wearing nothing but a very skimpy pair of black boxer briefs. The look on Oliver's face was priceless as he took in the incredible hunk standing before him. What a way to start the day! Seriously, if I were Oliver, between Ford and Cristian parading around shirtless, I'd never leave the apartment!

It got even better when Ford told Oliver that his back was bothering him and asked Fish to crack it for him by "grabbing hold and squeezing really hard." Fish, looking a bit nervous and yet eager at the same time, wrapped his arms around Ford from behind and was mid-squeeze when Kyle walked in the door.
Fish spun around, taking Ford with him, so that they were both facing Kyle, and then put his new roomie down and backed off, looking incredibly guilty. I'm not sure who I was more envious of in this scene, Scott Evans or David Gregory! I'd happily have filled in for either.

Fish said that he'd thought Kyle was starting his obstetrics rotation at the hospital that morning and Kyle explained that he'd had some time before he had to be at work, so he decided surprise Oliver with breakfast. Kyle dryly noted that now he can see what Oliver does in his spare time.

Fish introduced Ford as his new roommate and Ford explained that he'd been offered the third room at a very cheap price. Kyle thought this was great, since it meant that Ford could afford to buy himself some clothes. Ha! But, seriously, shut up Kyle! There is no clothing budget for the character of Ford and that's how it needs to remain.

Fish: You see, Ford hurt his back.

Ford: And Oliver cracked it for me.

Fish: That's all.

Ford: I feel a lot better. That's a great guy you got here.

Kyle: Yeah, that's why he's my boyfriend.

Ford: Relax, bro, I'm straight.

Kyle: Yeah? (to Fish, after Ford has walked away) I feel like I've heard that one before.

Kyle said that he'd never known that Fish was a chiropractor and that he couldn't wait for him to crack his back. Fish assured Kyle that nothing had happened and that there was no reason to be jealous. After joking that 'the lady doth protest too much', Kyle assured Oliver that he was just having some fun with him.

Fish: Listen, this is all pretty new to me, remember?

Kyle: Okay, well, something else you need to know is that it's okay to look.

Fish: I don't want to!

Kyle: Are you kidding me? Your new roommate, he's kind of hot.

Fish: (sarcastically) Oh, is he? I hadn't noticed.

Kyle: Did you also notice he looked pretty ripped, too? Because I did.

Fish: Yeah, well, you're not so bad yourself.

Kyle: Aw, thank you.

Fish: And the only guy for me. Listen, I don't sleep with straight guys.

I really liked that they've put Ford in close contact with the Kish story, which I didn't see coming. Most shows would have kept him strictly in contact with the two characters he's destined to be in a triangle with, Langston and Markko, but I've always loved how all the stories on this show are perfectly blended together. Nothing exists in an isolated story bubble, whereas on most of the other shows, that's how everything works!

As for jealous Kyle, he definitely gave Ford a 'hands off my man' vibe, which was funny to see, but I liked that he trusted Oliver completely and wasn't really uptight about his boyfriend now living with two hot guys. Both Kyle and Fish have been incredibly mature about their relationship, which is nice to see. Still, I was hoping to see a tiny bit of jealousy from Kyle, and I think we did get that in his interaction with Ford.

I also loved that Kyle told Oliver that it was okay to look, because I think Oliver would honestly have felt like even looking could be a betrayal, and yet how can you not look at someone like Ford?!

While Ford went on to parade his hot bod for Langston, first in work out shorts, then in a towel, and finally in just a pair of jeans (like I said, the clothing budget for actor David Gregory is perfect just as it is!), Oliver gave Kyle a ride to the hospital, where Kyle got in one last tease about Ford before they parted. These two are seriously adorable together!

That was all for Kish, but the Stacy baby story is starting to come into play more now that she's just a few months away from delivering. Rex, who thinks he's the baby daddy, asked Fish today to moonlight as protection for Stacy and the baby, since Mitch Laurence tried to kidnap Stacy with the intention of raising his 'grandson' in his own image among his followers.

As if it weren't enough that Fish is about to become involved in protecting an unborn child he doesn't know is his, at the end of the episode Kyle walked in on his fellow med student Schuyler declaring to Stacy that she was carrying his child, not Rex's!

FYI, Schuyler found out that Stacy wasn't as far along as she was claiming to be and to stop him from telling everything to Rex and Gigi, Kim and Stacy told him the baby was his and that he'd lose any chance of being with Gigi if she found out. Schuyler keeping this secret has never felt true to his character to me, I have to admit, especially since he knows that Stacy drugged him to get him into bed. Gigi would have understood that! Of course, Schuyler and Stacy never actually slept together, because even in his drugged haze he realized that it was Stacy and not Gigi he was with and kicked her out.

Now, Kyle was the first one that Stacy tried to seduce in her effort to get pregnant again after she miscarried Rex's baby. I'll never forget his now classic line "My people flirt too!" after he told a disbelieving Stacy and Kim that he was gay.

I'm assuming that Kyle knows that Fish slept with Stacy again right before he decided it was time to come out, though he may not. We haven't seen that conversation onscreen, but it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. If it hasn't, my guess is that it will be taking place in the near future.

Either way, Kyle now has enough pieces of the puzzle to slowly start putting together the realization that Oliver is about to become a father. It will be interesting to see how long this takes and how it all plays out. Our boys are staying right in the mix of things story wise and I love it!

No comments: