Monday, December 28, 2009

The Men Who Made 2009

At the end of 2008, I made a list of some of the hottest guys that I'd become aware of during those twelve months. I can't quite believe an entire year has gone by since then, but it's time once again to ponder which hunks caught my attention the most this year. These are guys who I became aware of either for the first time in 2009 or who began to appeal to me in a whole new way.

If you've been following my blog at all this year, I don't think there will be many surprises in store for you with this list. So, in no particular order, let's take a look at my top five 'new' hunks of 2009! (Many of the pics are borrowed from Superherofan)

Last year, I opened with an actor from One Life to Live (Mark Lawson, who made this year pretty damn hot, too!) so I guess I should continue that tradition. The first guy who came to my attention in a major way this past year is Scott Evans, the openly gay actor who plays the newly out cop Oliver Fish on the show. I have to say that while the Evans boys are both incredibly hot, I'd pick Scott over his brother Chris any day of the week. Here's a look at why:

Not surprisingly, my second pick is also from One Life to Live and happens to be the other half of Kish. Brett Claywell wasn't even on my radar at this time last year, but he's completely won me over with his portrayal of shades of gray Kyle and his onscreen chemistry with Scott.
Moving away from daytime, there was one guy who really came out of nowhere and made me pay a lot of attention this year. In fact, he got me to do something I'd never have believed I'd do: watch almost an entire season of American Idol! It's odd to think that at this time last year I'd never even heard the name Adam Lambert. Today he's one of my favorite singers and definitely a trailblazer as an openly gay musical artist.
My next pick is someone else associated with music and with the Fox network: Glee's Mark Salling. I already thought Matthew Morrison was incredibly sexy before I ever saw the show but the true surprise out of the cast was Mark, who had me drooling over his bad boy character Puck week after week.
Finally, a guy who I was well aware of before this year, but who I came to appreciate in a new way in 2009: Michael Rady. I first saw him towards the end of last year when he began his run on Greek and while I found him to be completely adorkable on that show and really liked him, it wasn't until this fall, when I saw him on the new Melrose Place, that I came to appreciate just how hot he truly is! The last picture isn't from Melrose, sadly, but from Sleeper Cell, where he played a gay character.
There we have it, the men who made 2009. Bring on the men of 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.