Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Fish and Film

We didn't get any Kish action on today's One Life to Live, but we did get a serving of Fish and some more talk about Nick's bashing.

Fish was on duty at the station when Rex arrived and the two made some smouldering eye contact before Fish apologized to Rex and explained that he was taken. He did slip him Nick's number instead, though. Oh, wait. That's just what happened in my own mind when I saw them onscreen together!

What happened on the actual show was that Rex and Gigi had come to the station because Gigi was still upset about the altercation at Rodi's and wanted to report it. Fish had been intending to contact Gigi for a statement anyway and broke the news about the attack on Nick. He asked her to call Schuyler and get him to the station so that he could get both of their statements at once.

Gigi and Schuyler gave their statement and Schuyler referred to it as a hate crime, noting that it had all been about Nick and Amelia's sexuality. Gigi also recalled hearing one of the thugs tell Nick he was next after Schuyler had been punched.

They both seemed eager to testify in court and put the guys away.

That's really all that happened in the story today, but there was plenty going on elsewhere in the station. Yeah, sure, Mitch Laurence took a letter opener to the chest from a deliciously crazy Natalie, but more importantly Brody made his debut in his cop uniform. Talk about hot! Okay, I have to admit that I like his dress uniform from the Navy better, but I'm still hoping that Brody and Fish become partners (in the cop sense of the word!) and this gets us one step closer to that.

Now, since there wasn't a lot on the Kish front, I'd like to take a moment to talk about something else that is Scott Evans related.

I found out last week that Scott had been in the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic. The piece on him in the Out 100 referred to his supporting role in the movie, so I added it to my Netflix queue and moved it straight to the top.

Imagine my disappointment, then, when I discovered that the 'supporting role' was only one scene! Scott played a mail room guy who was flirting with a receptionist by talking up the importance of his job while the film's heroine tried desperately to sneak a letter off his cart.

Scott was adorable and funny in the role, but I really thought I'd be seeing him in more than one scene! At one point, the lead character refers to a 'Fish Crisis' and that's pretty much what I was having as I wondered when or if Scott's mail room guy would make a reappearance. Thanks, Out!

At least the movie had a very strong supporting cast and wasn't at all bad for a predictable romantic comedy, especially one based around the love of shopping. I melt like butter for a British accent, so I definitely appreciated Hugh Dancy as the male lead.

Still, I'd take Scott Evans over a British accent any day of the week!

No comments: