Friday, October 30, 2009

True Colors Cabaret

If you're lucky enough to live in or near NYC, please allow me to live vicariously through you and attend the True Colors Cabaret series. When I read about things like this, it's all I can do not to just get on a plane and go, expense be damned!

Cyndi Lauper hosted the October 26th show, which featured one of my favorite Broadway men, Gavin Creel. Another one of my very favorite men in entertainment, As the World Turns' Van Hansis, will be hosting the next show, on November 29th, and that show will feature Glee and Spring Awakening co-stars Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff, as well as Rufus Wainright! Jason Mraz will be performing in the December edition of the show.

Several of the names I've just typed are people that I would LOVE to see perform live, or even just host the show like Van and Cyndi. If you're lucky enough to go, please share the details and let me be sick with envy!

The best part is that 100% of the proceeds from the shows go to support LGBT Equality through the True Colors Fund and Broadway Impact. It doesn't get much better than that. Why must I live on the opposite side of the country?!

By the way, Gavin Creel and the newly out Jonathan Groff are said to be dating, which would pretty much make them Broadway's gay power couple! They do make a really cute couple, if it's true:

No comments: