Friday, October 30, 2009

Chenoweth Returns to Broadway

I was just reading the news that Kristin Cheoweth, who as you probably know by now is one of my most favorite individuals on the planet, is returning to Broadway next Spring in a revival of Promises, Promises. The musical will also star Sean Hayes, best known as Jack on Will & Grace.

Still being a Broadway neophyte, I know absolutely nothing about the show, but this will be Kristin's first time back on Broadway post-Wicked. I've already vowed to myself that I'll be going to New York at last, even if I have to starve myself to save the money to do so!

How amazing would it be to see Cheno on Broadway? I know countless people already have, of course, but I'd like to be one of them. I've been planning a trip to NYC for a very long time now, there are so many places and things I'd like to see. Maybe this will give me the kick start I need to stop daydreaming and actually make it happen.

In the meantime, I guess I'd better find myself a copy of the original cast album for the 1960's production of Promises, Promises and find out what it's all about.

No comments: