Friday, October 16, 2009

A Few Things

Sorry for the lack of action here this week, I just haven't been feeling all that well. If you're wondering, I'm still several weeks behind on Nuke and Kish and trying to develop a game plan so that I can catch up both on watching and on blogging about them. I'm really, really missing Kish and the rest of OLTL, but being so far behind is rather daunting!

Just a few things I wanted to highlight today: first of all, Glee was fantastic again this past week. Jane Lynch is now officially a goddess of comedy as far as I'm concerned. If you haven't heard, the cast was supposed to perform at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, but NBC banned them! Boo! I get that NBC wouldn't want to promote another network's break out hit show, but the ratings for their parade would probably be higher if the Glee cast was there.

The cast will be singing the National Anthem during a World Series game, though.

In news unrelated to Glee for a change, I was just reading that Randy Harrison, who played Justin on Queer as Folk, will be onstage this winter as Andy Warhol in a new musical called POP! at the Yale Repertory Theater.

I really wish I could see Randy onstage. I saw a very badly shot YouTube clip of him performing on Broadway in Wicked a few years back, but that's as close as I've been able to get to seeing him perform live. As bad as the quality of the clip was, it sounded like Randy has a great voice. He looks great in the picture included with the article, less like the adorable blond twink he was during QAF and more like... well, more like a hot guy in his 30's, which is what he is!

By the way, the Matthew Shepard Foundation is auctioning off signed teddy bears. Lots of cool people have signed them, including Jane Lynch, Stephen Sondheim, Dustin Lance Black, and Queer as Folk's Sharon Gless. It's for a good cause, so check it out and see if anyone you're a fan of has signed one.

No comments: