Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On His Way to the Top

You may remember that a few months back, I had a little crush on this guy who was on a some sort of a singing competition TV show. I'd never watched the show before, but after catching this guy's audition completely by chance I was an instant fan, and it only got better with each passing week.

I'm talking, of course, about Adam Lambert, the runner up on this year's season of American Idol. I haven't mentioned Adam here on the blog since he 'came out' (or, more accurately, confirmed that he was never in) via a cover story in Rolling Stone magazine right after the end of the show, but I've spent the months since anticipating the release of his first album.

Apparently, I'm not the only one. Even though it won't be released until November 24, the advanced purchases have already placed it at number two on Amazon.com sales charts. This happened without any kind of press release or pre-sale push from his record company, either!

Pretty amazing stuff, but then Adam is incredibly talented, as he proved week after week on live TV, and it earned him a lot of fans. I can't wait to hear what he's done for the album and I'm hoping I'll get the chance to see him in concert at some point in the near future, since I avoided the Idol tour.
The above is a recent picture of Adam and his boyfriend, Drake Labry, after attending a Pink concert. Just imagine how amazing is it going to be when Adam is topping the charts as an openly gay artist!

No comments: