Thursday, November 12, 2009

Family Ties

Now that I'm caught up on Kish, I'm finally able to read stories about them online without fear of having something that happened a month ago spoiled for me before I can see it!

It turns out that his brother Chris isn't Scott Evans' only well known relative. His uncle is United States Congressman Michael Capuano, who is currently running to fill the Senate seat of the late Edward Kennedy. Capuano's sister Lisa is Scott's mother, who recently played his onscreen mother, Barbara Fish, as well.

I had no idea about any of this until I saw the link to the Boston Herald's interview with Scott on AfterElton. The interview itself is pretty good (Scott talks about how being in the closet was never an option for him in his career, noting that “Before I was ever an actor, I was a homosexual. I hope it won’t affect my career, but it probably will. I hope people will open their minds. At this point, it’s working out for me.”) and there's even an online companion piece devoted completely to Kish and to how great One Life to Live in general is at the moment.

Which it really is. That's why I couldn't fast forward through my accumulated episodes and just watch the Kish scenes. I would have missed so much great soap!

No comments: