Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Jay Brannan Album!

I've written before about my love of Jay Brannan's first album, goddamned, so you'll probably understand how excited I was when Jay let us know via Twitter that he's got a new album coming out this July!

The latest is called In Living Cover and will have two original songs by Jay and seven covers. Here's the track list:

1. Beautifully (Jay Brannan original)
2. Say It's Possible (Terra Naomi)
3. All I Want (Joni Mitchell)
4. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob Dylan)
5. The Freshmen (The Verve Pipe)
6. Good Mother (Jann Arden)
7. Both Hands (Ani DiFranco)
8. Zombie (The Cranberries)
9. Drowning (Jay Brannan original)

I can't wait to hear this! Actually, if you click the album title above, the page it takes you to has his version of Zombie for you to listen to. It sounds fantastic.

Jay will also be touring starting in July and I'm hoping that I'll get to see him this time around. When he was on tour last summer I wasn't able to make the show because of work.

No comments: