Sunday, February 21, 2010

WGA Awards

The Writers Guild of America Awards were given out yesterday. My favorite show, Glee, was nominated for both Best Comedy and Best New Show, but sadly it didn't end up taking home either award.

Instead, 30 Rock won best comedy (again? really?) and Modern Family won Best New Series. If Glee had to lose in the latter category, I'm glad it was at least to a show that I've heard so many good things about. I probably won't see it until they release the first season on DVD, but I do plan on catching it at that point.

Far more shocking, to me anyway, is that One Life to Live didn't win for best writing in a daytime serial. There is seriously no justice when the one show that is consistently well written keeps losing awards to far less deserving shows.

They lost to The Young and The Restless, which gave us such winning stories as the Adam and Rafe mess and having Philip return from the dead, come out as gay, and then disappear again.

Is it too soon to demand a recount?

Still, that's better than having One Life to Live lose to fellow nominees As the World Turns or All My Children, which would have been a real slap in the face given the state of things in Oakdale and Pine Valley these days.

No comments: