Monday, March 01, 2010

Julianne Moore Goes Back to her Roots

I've been a big fan of Julianne Moore ever since I saw her in two films, Short Cuts and Cookie's Fortune, by one of my favorite directors, the late Robert Altman. Her work in Far From Heaven and The Hours just impressed me even more.

I knew, of course, that she'd had her start on As The World Turns in the duel roles of Frannie and Sabrina Hughes and that she'd been a fan favorite there. I've even seen some of her work on the show on YouTube.

I never imagined, though, that I'd be seeing Julianne actually return to the show! True, it's just for one episode, and it's not like she hasn't been doing TV recently anyway, what with her recent guest stint on 30 Rock.

Still, it's a nice tribute to longtime fans of the show. Now, if they could just get Meg Ryan to return to her role of Besty as well, what a send off that would be for the soap!

No comments: