Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Very Tired

I'm really glad I had that day of rest yesterday, because right now I'm so exhausted! I forget how much working retail in the Holiday season really takes out of me until I'm back in the middle of it again. Hopefully, this will be my last holiday in retail (fingers crossed).

I do have to note that, not surprisingly, we're a bit slower this year than we've ever been during Thanksgiving weekend, and more people are bargain shopping than ever before. I also have to say that I have already noticed that holiday shoppers are even more apt to be cranky this year. This is also understandable but it's completely exhausting and frustrating for those of us on the receiving end.

I spent an exhausting eight hours on my feet today and tomorrow doesn't look much brighter. Poor poor pitiful me, right? I know that I'm damn lucky to even have a job in this economy, let alone one that I genuinely enjoy ninety percent of the time. It's fantastic working in a bookstore, with co-workers who love books as much as I do.

Tonight I'm going to curl up with a book or two (I'm close to finishing The Mayor of Castro Street and also reading some of Noel Coward's short stories) and try and build up some strength for heading back to work tomorrow and doing it all over again.

No comments: