Saturday, June 12, 2010

Anticipation

I'm still waiting for my copy of Stephen McCauley's new novel, Insignificant Others, to arrive. Actually, our store's copies were finally delivered yesterday, but just haven't been unpacked yet! I was barely able to restrain myself from tearing through nearly eighty boxes (none of which, sadly, give us any clue as to what titles they contain) before I left work for my weekend.

Also helping to build my anticipation is a review of the book from Queer Reader, a fantastic blog I somehow only recently discovered!

I'm trying to convince myself that waiting these couple days more will just further heighten the experience once I do have the book in my hands. Besides, it's not as if I have nothing else to read in the meantime!

While I'm waiting, I'm living vicariously through the author of one of my favorite blogs, Band of Thebes. He was able to attend a reading by the author in New York the other night. I can only hope McCauley will be in my area at some point in the near future since I'd love to meet the man who has written some of my favorite books.

No comments: