Friday, April 23, 2010

Van Hansis Lands His First Film Role

We Love the Soaps has a new interview with Van Hansis in which he talks about his willingness to do a web series if he's ever approached (someone approach him!!) and about landing his very first role in a film, a horror movie called Occupant:


We Love Soaps: How are all your fans still going to be able to find your work?
Van Hansis: I’ve got to get cast in something and then they can watch that [laughs]. But I am a doing a movie, I can talk about it now. It’s called, Occupant. It's a horror film in the vein of [Roman] Polanski, that is, it's a psychological thriller. It's a lot of fun. It's a big departure from Luke.

We Love Soaps: In what way?
Van Hansis: In every way. The character is nothing like Luke at all. I’m excited to try something new and I’ve never done a film before. We’re in pre-production now, and the whole process that comes into play is so exciting.

I've never doubted that Van will have a bright future beyond As the World Turns, but I have worried that it will be completely stage based, and therefore unavailable to fans such as I who can't get to NYC.

Prior to the end of Kish and the announcement of Jean Passanante's ominous hiring, I was really hoping that Van would turn up on One Life to Live after ATWT wrapped. I would have loved to see what sort of character Ron Carlivati might have created for Van!

Now, though, I'd rather not have to tune in and see the destruction of a show that was so incredible these past few years, so it's nice to have a film to look forward to! I can't wait to see Van in a role that is so completely different from Luke.

No comments: