Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let There Be Glee

I didn't think it was possible that four months could go by so very slowly, but at long last the wait is over: Glee is finally back!

Tonight's episode was everything I'd been missing since last December: hilarious, heartfelt, and boasting some great musical performances. My personal favorite from tonight was Finn's version of The Doors 'Hello, I Love You'. I think it's my favorite Finn song ever, actually. There was just so much energy to the performance.

A close second, though, was Rachel & Jesse's version of Lionel Richie's 'Hello'. They sounded fantastic together, and Jonathan Groff is, to use a phrase that totally fits my new found crush on him, so dreamy!

After four months, I'd forgotten what scene stealers both Brittany and Kurt are! They're each masters at one liners that catch you completely off guard and make you laugh out loud. Chris Colfer is also fantastic at conveying what Kurt is feeling without saying a word, as in the scene tonight where Finn was performing the above mentioned song for the rest of the glee club and Kurt just had this "God, I want you!" look about him.

Tonight also saw the debut of two new characters: Jesse, the male lead of rival glee club Vocal Adrenaline, and Shelby, the coach of said rival. Jesse is being played by openly gay actor Jonathan Groff, whose voice I'd already completely fallen in love with thanks to the Spring Awakening cast album, and it took about three seconds for me to fall in love with the rest of him tonight!

Idina Menzel, original Broadway cast member of both Rent and Wicked, is playing Shelby, and she had a seriously sexy scene with Mr. Schuester tonight. Now don't get me wrong, I love Will & Emma together, but they're more sweet than sexy, and it was very hot to see Will getting so passionate with someone!

I think things are going to get very interesting with Vocal Adrenaline coming into play more, and next week's Madonna themed episode definitely looks exciting!

Speaking of which, the Sue Sylvester 'Vogue' video was awesome! I completely loved it. I especially liked that they tweaked it a bit to fit Sue ("Will Schuester, I hate you"). I've been looking forward to Sue finally singing and it didn't disappoint!

Oh, Glee. Don't ever leave us again!

No comments: